Saturday, March 22, 2008

Studio Skeleton




An amazing and unexpected studio space has developed out of what was supposed to be a storage loft in the detached shop/garage of our new house. Upon completion of framing and roofing, my husband came home raving about how cool the second floor of the shop turned out to be and that I had to go check it out....we couldn't use this space for just storing "stuff". There had to be a better life for it....would it be good for my studio? After seeing the space and the beautiful light filtering in through the five foot wide windows at each end of the room...I had to agree!
I'm so excited! We have to finish the actual "house" before tackling this project, but with a little drywall and some lights, I'm going to have a dream studio space in no time!

And...yes...that's my cheeseball son hamming it up in the photos! We'll be sure to have a little art corner in the studio for him, as well!

2 comments:

Heather, paperfollies.typepad.com said...

Wow, you are so lucky to have such a great space! Love your trades for Artfest too!
Heather

lulu moonwood murakami said...

Hi Heather,

What a wonderful space!!! I used to have a space like this back in my college days, above my parents' garage. Their unused ping pong table became my work table. Nowadays I'm reduced to the dining room table or my bedroom floor (as seen in blog - I'm a newbie blogger like you, too). Ah well, some day... Enjoy your space, and hope to see you at Artfest!
lulu