Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Heaven in a box


I finally broke down and ordered that BIG brush I've been longing for and a set of NeocolorII artist crayons from DickBlick....I resisted the big set and got 40 colors to try out. Oooooh, so exciting! I've been using the Staedtler artist crayons on a few projects and really love them, so it will be interesting to see how these compare.

The big brush was ordered for the sole purpose of applying gesso to larger projects, the first of which is my "Pink" project for the collaborative "Colors" book at illustratedatcs.com. I found a 12x12 balsa wood box, about 3" deep, at Michael's. This will be the base for my project. I've coated the box with white gesso, inside and out. I've also gesso'd a 4x4 canvas which will somehow be incorporated. This is going to be one of those projects that will just have to evolve as I work on it, since I have no real vision for it yet other than it must embody the color pink.

1 comment:

EraserQueen said...

Cool blog! (this is Eraserqueen by the way..)

I have never tried those kinds of crayons before, they look interesting though.

Funny you bought the big brush.. I saw some 16x20 canvases at Michale's for $3 each and bought two, and am going to go out on a limb and try something BIG. *eek* have you done any large work? Will you post it here??

It's great you've started this! I'll link you :D